Posted on January 26, 2011

Evolution of my Psycho poster

Design

A week or so ago I was looking through my BFA folder from college. Of course I’ve discussed them many times in the past – my horror movie posters. This time when I looked at my Psycho poster I realized I saved it each time I made drastic changes. So I wanted to share the “Evolution of my Psycho Poster”. I had started it in Photoshop and then brought it into illustrator to add text and grunge effects. I had drawn the eye in photoshop using my wacom tablet. It took me quite a long time to get to the final one. Hours and hours of work, only because at the time I was not set on a “style”. While making this specific poster it hit me to do them all in a grunge/stressed style. I wanted to do them all a similar way I just could not find how to make them look like a series. Took me 2-3 months to figured it out. It was a really stressful experience but once I figured out my style, every poster I designed after that it wasn’t as hard or time consuming. I was able to focus more on actually creating than wondering what style it would be. It ended up working out really well, because all my professors were very pleased. Especially since I had thought of this thesis so last minute. All my posters were 27 x 39inches, thankfully I have a MBP so it only took a minute or two to save these big files! I don’t think windows+photoshop could handle it ;]. Here is the progress of my poster – originally created last February 2010.


You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply

*

Back to top