Although I am very passionate about art and creativity, a big part of me loves technology. If its electronic, new and interesting I want to play with it! I’ve been like that since a young age (anyone remember Casio Secret Senders? I had 2!) One of my close friends had gotten a polaroid pogo printer for Christmas only to find out that it does not work with his brand new shiny iphone. BUMMER for him – Great for me! He had needed help getting it to work, (yes even my guy friends come to me for electronics help) but since we learned it doesn’t work with his phone he gave it to me! Of course I was more than happy to give it a good home.
It’s from Polaroid, they also make versions of the camera included in it, but this works through bluetooth.
I can print from my cellphone (droid 2) or from my MacBook Pro. It’s great because you send it any JPG (even if its not a photo) and within seconds you have a picture or design you can literally stick anywhere (the paper is also sticker paper). It uses ZINK – Zero Ink Technology so you don’t have to worry about ink. Although this ZINK is not perfected yet I am hopeful that it gets better with time. The colors sometimes come out a little off and occasionally I will get lines on the photos, but there are tricks and tips they give you to not have that happen.
A summary of why I love it:
1. Its small, I can print things on the go using my cell phone
2. The pictures are not only pics but STICKERS too!
3. It works with my mac (through bluetooth)
4. Doesn’t need any ink, dont need to worry about ink running out or drying up
5. I can print any .JPG with it… even some mini artworks
6. The mini paper isn’t too crazy expensive (most at-home-printers try to charge arms and legs)
7. The photo size is 2 x 3 and although it is not common, It is a lot easier to have this around when you NEED a small picture